IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST GRACIOUS AND THE MOST MERCIFUL
Official name which declares itself as of Leeds Council of Mosques and it will be registered as Charity or Community Interest Company in due course.
Registered Office: Lincoln Green Mosque, The Cherry Row, Cherry Road, Leeds LS9 7LY
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fundamental of this council is that “there is no lord worthy of worship except Allah, and Mohammed (peace and blessing be up on him) is his slave and final messenger for all mankind”
- Allah SWT, is the Almighty and is the only creator, sustainer of the whole universe and he has no associate partner.
- Through revelation to His Beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) , He has provided mankind within divine guidance for all aspects of existence and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was a living manifestation of Allah’s guidance to mankind.
- Categorically believe that the beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the final messenger until the Day of Judgement.
- To endeavour here to establish an Islamic way of life and thereby to seek the pleasure of Allah, THE Almighty.
- To strengthen and develop the unity amongst the Muslims.
- The Council shall work to ease of realisation of its aim and objective within the framework of both the Quranic and the teaching of Sunnah
- The Council shall pursue its aims by peaceful means.
The Council shall employ its resources and means to achieve the following:
- To promote understanding, unity and Islamic Brotherhood amongst the various Mosques, Islamic Centres and Islamic religious teaching schools.
- To help and assist the Mosques, Islamic Centres and Islamic religious schools on their day to day problems.
- The Council shall endeavour to formulate a curriculum of the Islamic religious education for the Muslim children to ensure their upbringing on Islamic principles.
- The Council shall make an effort to disseminate the message of Islam through lectures, literature and conferences etc.
- The Council shall support its member organisations’ view of it not being contrary to its other member organisations views and faiths.
- The Council shall refrain from the internal affairs of member organisations.
- The Council shall work to promote community developmental work within the Muslim community in particular and non-Muslim community in general.
- The Council shall work to help and guide the Muslim students.
- The Council shall attempt to ensure provision for the Islamic education within the normal school system.
The Council will deal with media and Government authorities about the issues which affect Muslims community on behalf of the council members.
- The council shall consist of two nominated representatives from each member organisation/s.
- Working system of Council shall be Shoora’ee (consultation & advisory) and organisationally, it shall consist of Centres and Branches/sub-committees.
- Each member of this council shall have descriptions of their roles and given a clear understanding of what they can or cannot do.
- Any member of this council who misrepresents, misbehaviour, or for any reason goes beyond their roles and crosses the council’s boundaries shall be given an official warning by the chair with the management committees. If the misconducts of any members of this council reoccurs or persists, it will lead to dismissal, if the majority of its members have voted them out after full Shoora’ee (consultation and advisory)
- All members of the managements of this council shall acts according to Quran, Sunnah, and consultations when making decisions, anything beyond this, shall lead to full investigation by its committees.
- All the Mosques, Islamic Centre and Islamic religious teaching centres are eligible to apply to become members of the Council. However, all members must declare their conflict of interests; pay £100 joining fee and £20 each month and thereafter.
- Despite eligibility to all Mosques to apply to join Leeds Council of Mosques, the council shall consider each application according to their merits, all those who joins in later date shall be expected to backdate all payments of £20 for each month in addition to the fixed joining fee of £100.
- No organisation shall be eligible to become a member of the Council, if it is also a member of any other organisation opposed to the Muslim interests.
- To be eligible for membership of the Council the organisation must agree to take an oath of allegiance to abide by the Council’s constitution.
- The acceptance or non-acceptance of applications for membership of the Council will be determined by the Executive Committee of the Council. However, it must be borne in mind that membership is not an open right to all.
- Leeds Council of Mosques reserves the right to refuse any member/s at its own discretion. Any mosque/s that would like to join will go in front of the committee panel for approval.
- The committee panel reserves the right to refuse any Mosques/s if they feel it’s not in the interests of LCM and or its members to accept them to join.
- The termination of membership of the Council shall be subject to full Council decision, issued warning, and or dismissal.
- Nominated members to the Council must not be engaged in or pursue professions or occupations which involve ‘interest’, ‘alcohol’, ‘fornication’, ‘bribery’, or such activities which are against Islam or the Shariah.
The Council’s organisational structure shall consist of:
- Full Council – Majlis of Shoora
- Executive Committee Board /Management Committee Members
- President (one)
- Vice President (two)
- Secretary General (one)
- Joint Secretary (one)
- Treasurer (one)
Each Sub-Committee shall have its own lead Chairman and possibility the Secretary too.
- The election for President, two Vice Presidents and Secretary General in the Council shall be held by secret ballot if there is more than one nomination.
- Any office-bearer elected on yearly basis cannot contest for the office after holding it continuously for two years.
- Executive Committee shall appoint the following office-bearers:
- The Treasurer
- Joint Secretary
One of the two members of any Mosque nominated to the Council shall be a member of the Executive Committee with the consent of his Mosque.
- (Majlis-Shoora, consultations or the Board of Advisory) shall comprise of all the nominated members of its member organisations.
- Shall be appointed/formed by members of the Executive (Board of Consultation & Advisory) Committee from the members of the full Council (Advisory Board).
- The Executive Committee shall appoint a person said post for a particular election year in order to deal with public, media and others.
- The President and Secretary General should not be from the same member organisation of the Council.
- No office-bearer of the council shall remain absent for continuous three months without valid reasons. Unless there are valid reasons the post will be regarded as vacant and the Executive Committee shall appoint a new office-bearer.
- Any member of the Council who without valid reasons is absent from three consecutive meetings of the Council will cause the council to write to his member organisation in order to substitute that member with another who can afford to give sufficient time.
- To work in partnership with other organisations with similar objectives (i.e. other Council of Mosques from other cities, MCB, Mend etc.).
- Employ such staff (who shall not be members of the Management Committee) as are necessary for the proper pursuit of the objects and to make all reasonable and necessary provision for the payment of pensions and superannuation for staff and their dependants;
- Subject to such consents as may be required by law, raise money for the stated objectives and accept gifts on such terms and on such security as shall be deemed necessary;
- Do all such lawful things that are necessary for the attainment of stated objectives.
- The President, Vice President, General Secretary and Treasurer shall jointly open an account in any bank in the name of the “Leeds Council of Mosques”. The Treasurer and two other officers mentioned above can jointly operate and run the account. Any changes in the Bank Account will be determined by the Executive Committee’s resolution Board.
- The Council shall have the power to buy and sell property for own use, renting out and collecting rents.
- The Council shall have the absolute power to appoint or dismiss or increase the numbers of the Trustees. All the Trustees shall be bound by the decision of the Council.
- The Trust Deed shall incorporate the above-mentioned instruction of the Council.
- All members, trustees and office bearers of the LCM are eligible to claim reasonable expenses as long as they can provide full details, receipt of their expenditures and the purpose of their claims.
- The Council will reimburse mileage claims of £0.45 per mile for any journeys that has take place on behalf of LCM, for the purpose of the work assigned by LCM as long as is reasonable.
- A quorum for the Executive Committee meeting shall be one-third of its total members in the first instance.
- No motions against any office-bearer of the council can require the signature of one-quarter of the total members of the Council.
- To hold any meeting which involves a motion of No Confidence the quorum shall be one-half of the total members of the Full Council.
- Any amendment to the Constitution shall require the quorum of one-half of the total members of the Full Council.
- An amendment to b and c shall require three-quarters of the present members as required in clause C.
- The Secretary shall call for a meeting of the Full Council within one month on receipt of written motion as mentioned in clauses b and c.
- If a meeting, by simple majority, decides that it is necessary to close down the council, it may call a Special General Meeting to do so. The sole business of this meeting will be to dissolve the council.
- If it is agreed to dissolve the council, all remaining money and other assets, once outstanding debts have been paid, will be donated to an organisation. The organisation will be agreed at the meeting which agrees the dissolution.